The LA County Fair is a beloved annual event that draws millions of visitors each year. The fair is held at Fairplex in Pomona, California, and features a variety of attractions, including carnival rides, food vendors, live entertainment, and more.
This year, the LA County Fair is being held in the spring instead of the fall. The fair began on Friday, May 5, 2023, and will end on Monday, May 29, 2023.
The LA County Fair is open from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays. The fair is also open from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Memorial Day, Monday, May 29, 2023.
The theme of this year’s LA County Fair is “Spring into Fair: Where Fun Grows.” The fair will feature a variety of attractions, including:
- Carnival rides: The fair will have over 60 carnival rides, including roller coasters, Ferris wheels, and water rides;
- Food vendors: The fair will have over 50 food vendors serving a variety of food, including tacos al pastor, sweet chocolate chip cookies, and more;
- Live entertainment: The fair will feature a variety of live entertainment, including musical artists such as funk band Lakeside and country singers Ashley McBride and Justin Moore;
- Art exhibits: The fair will feature a variety of art exhibits, including paintings, sculptures, and photographs;
- Other attractions: The fair will also feature a variety of other attractions, such as a lowrider car extravaganza and a magic show.
Admission to the LA County Fair is $15 to $25 for adults. Admission is $5 to $12 for children 6 to 12 years old and seniors 60 years of age and older. Parking is $17 to $22.
The LA County Fair is not just a place to have fun and enjoy yourself. It is also a place to build community. The fair brings people from all walks of life together, from families and friends to neighbors and strangers.
One way that the LA County Fair builds community is through its focus on local businesses. The fair features a variety of vendors selling food, drinks, and souvenirs from local businesses. This helps to support the local economy and create jobs.
The fair also features a variety of events that promote community engagement. These events include the Fairplex Marketplace, which showcases local artisans and businesses, and the Fairplex Food Truck Festival, which features food trucks from all over Southern California.
In addition, the LA County Fair is committed to giving back to the community. The fair hosts a variety of charitable events, such as the Fairplex Animal Shelter Adoption Event and the Fairplex Community Blood Drive.
The LA County Fair is a celebration of the diversity of Southern California. The fair features a variety of exhibits and performances that showcase the different cultures and traditions of the region.
One way that the LA County Fair celebrates cultural diversity is through its focus on food. The fair features a variety of food vendors serving food from all over the world. This allows visitors to experience the flavors of different cultures without having to leave the fair.
The fair also features a variety of cultural exhibits and performances. These exhibits include the Mexican Marketplace, which showcases Mexican culture and traditions, and the Fairplex World Culture Center, which features exhibits from around the world.
The LA County Fair is a great place to learn about the different cultures of Southern California. It is a place where people from all walks of life can come together and celebrate their shared humanity.
The LA County Fair is committed to sustainability. The fair has implemented a number of initiatives to reduce its environmental impact, such as:
- Recycling and composting: The fair provides recycling and composting bins throughout the fairgrounds;
- Energy-efficient lighting: The fair uses energy-efficient lighting throughout the fairgrounds;
- Water conservation: The fair uses water-efficient irrigation systems;
- Transportation options: The fair encourages visitors to take public transportation or rideshare to the fair.
The LA County Fair is a leader in sustainability among fairs in the United States. The fair’s commitment to sustainability is a reflection of the values of the Southern California community.
These three additional sections provide more information about the LA County Fair, making it more comprehensive and informative. They also help to address the following topics:
- The role of the LA County Fair in building community;
- The LA County Fair’s commitment to cultural diversity;
- The LA County Fair’s commitment to sustainability.
The LA County Fair is a great place to learn. The fair features a variety of educational exhibits and programs that teach visitors about a variety of topics, including agriculture, science, and history.
One way that the LA County Fair promotes education is through its focus on agriculture. The fair features a variety of exhibits and demonstrations that teach visitors about how food is grown and produced. These exhibits include the Fairplex Agriculture Building, which features exhibits about farming, ranching, and beekeeping, and the Fairplex Animal Barn, which features live animals from around the world.
The fair also features a variety of educational programs for children and adults. These programs include the Fairplex Discovery Center, which offers hands-on science exhibits, and the Fairplex Education Center, which offers a variety of educational workshops and classes.
The LA County Fair is a great place to learn about the world around you. It is a place where people of all ages can come together and learn something new.
Here are some specific examples of educational exhibits and programs offered at the LA County Fair:
- The Fairplex Agriculture Building features exhibits about farming, ranching, and beekeeping. Visitors can learn about how crops are grown, how livestock is raised, and how honey is made;
- The Fairplex Animal Barn features live animals from around the world. Visitors can learn about the different species of animals and how they live in the wild;
- The Fairplex Discovery Center offers hands-on science exhibits. Visitors can learn about the human body, the solar system, and the environment;
- The Fairplex Education Center offers a variety of educational workshops and classes. Visitors can learn about cooking, gardening, and art.
The LA County Fair is a great way to spend a day with family and friends. The fair has something for everyone, from carnival rides and food vendors to live entertainment and art exhibits. Be sure to check out the LA County Fair before it ends on Monday, May 29, 2023.